LG Viatera comprised of 93% natural quartz, helps to make your countertop a low maintenance surface that is resistant to scratches and stains. LG Viatera is also heat-resistant, making it capable of enduring heat from a hot pan for short durations, however to avail possible damage, a trivet or hot pad is recommended. With proper care and maintenance, LG Viatera will remain beautiful and durable for many years.
Normal cleaning of LG Viatera requires only a damp cloth and mild household detergent. A list of acceptable cleaning products is located at the end of this document. For best results, clean spills as soon as possible. LG Viatera is resistant to most stains including wine, lemon juice, tea, and fruits and vegetables without permanently staining or damaging the counters.
Cleaning Stains and Dried Spills
For tougher stains, mild non-abrasive cleansers are a good solution to keeping the surface looking new. Recommended cleaners include: Formula 409 Glass & Surface Cleaner, Bar Keeper's Friend, Lysol and Greased Lightening. For dried spills, a non-abrasive scrub pad can be used. Rinse thoroughly and wipe with a damp cloth to remove all residue. While LG Viatera is generally able to withstand most household chemicals, avoid using hard chemicals or products that contain bleach. For tough spots from items such as gum, grease, paint, food, etc., scrape off the residue with a razor blade or putty knife prior to cleaning. The scraping may leave a gray metal mark on the countertop and can be cleaned off by using a recommended cleaner and a soft non-abrasive scrub pad. Buff with a damp cloth. For stubborn spots or stains, soak a pad of paper towels in water and any of the recommended cleansers and apply the towel to the stain and let soak for a few minutes. Deeply clean with a non-abrasive scrub pad and cleanser, rinse thoroughly, and buff with a damp cloth.
Waxes and Sealing
One of the many benefits of LG Viatera is that it requires no sealants or waxes to be applied during its lifetime. Because it is non-porous, a sealer will not absorb into the material and would be ineffective. With normal cleaning procedures, your countertop will always retain its luster.
Honed finishes require more frequent cleaning to maintain their appearance. Metal marks, finger prints and other signs of daily living will be more apparent. However, visible marks such as these can be removed by using a non-abrasive pad and any of the recommended cleaning products.
LG Viatera is NOT Indestructible!!
- LG Viatera can be damaged when in contact with strong chemicals and solvents. Avoid products containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride including paint removers, car battery liquid, furniture strippers, oven cleaners, and products containing bleach. There products can cause permanent discoloration and damage to the surface. In the event that these agents come into contact with the surface, wipe immediately, rinse with water, and then clean with vinegar based cleaner. If the stain persists, contact the supplier/installer of your LG Viatera product. Do not use abrasive and/or alkaline cleaning products. Do not use 3M ScotchBrite green scrub pads or similar products as they can dull the surface. When trying a new cleaning product, it is recommended that you always try the cleaner first on a hidden place of the surface and follow the cleaner manufacturer's instructions.
- LG Viatera can be damaged by excessive heat which causes the polyester binder to contract, leaving the surface exposed to heat feeling rough to touch and/or discolored. Avoid possible problems by using a trivet between the countertop and any hot pan or heat source.
- LG Viatera is scratch resistant but can be scratched by materials harder than the quartz which makes up 93% of the product. For example, the bottom of some ceramic dishes may be abrasive enough to scratch your Viatera countertop.
- LG Viatera can also be damaged by impact causing the material to chip or crack.
- By following the simple care guidelines above, you can enjoy the beauty and luxury of your LG Viatera quartz surface for many years to come.
The following are recommended commercial cleansers that are available for the routine care of your LG Viatera quartz surface:
Non-bleach, non-abrasive liquid household cleaners:
- Simple Green Lime-scale remover
- Vinegar cleaner (diluted)
- Bar Keeper's Friend
- Formula 409 Glass and Surface Cleaner
- Greased Lightening
If you have any questions about the care and cleaning of LG Viatera, please contact the supplier/installer of your LG Viatera surface or write to us at:
LG Solid Source
8009 W Olive Ave.
Peoria, AZ 85345